Friday, January 06, 2006

Risotto Attempt #1 - Success!!

I had been looking forward to come home all day, coz i had planned to cook a lovely dinner to welcome the weekend tonight. I was going to make Risotto. And make it i did. My first attempt at cooking the italian rice dish was a success, even though i didn't exactly stayed true to it's style.
I used chinese ingredients, and cooked the risotto the italian way.
I used pork belly stewed with chinese mushrooms and a quarter of a bell pepper. It stewed for over an hour, until the meat was very tender, and the initial broth was reduced to a thick sauce.
To stew the meat and cook the risotto, i used a home made broth i prepared the moment i arrived home.
It consisted of some pork bones, 3 carrots, 2 onions, half a bell pepper, some black peppercorn, and a few cloves of garlic. It was left to slow boil for like an hour+ before i allowed it to be used. The rest was let to boil for another 2hr+, for another day. :)
I enjoy cooking so much, i think my blog is going to become a foodblog! Anyway, here's the lovely picture.

1 Comments:

1/08/2006 01:43:00 AM


Look yummy!!! 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home